House Bill 22-1157, Concerning the Utilization of Demographic Health Data by the Department of Public Health and Environment to Address Health Inequities, requires the collection of public health information concerning race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity, according to applicable state and federal data privacy laws, rules, regulations and federal contracts.
HB 22-1157 supports the efforts of SB 21-181 that directs the department to conduct an assessment and publish a report concerning health disparities among priority populations every two years. HB 22-1157 requires the Health Equity Commission (HEC) to convene a data advisory working group and includes the selection of members for the working group. The Act further requires the state board of health to promulgate rules, which apply to all state and county, district, and municipal public health agencies, public health directors, and other persons required to collect and report data.
The Health Equity Commission's Data Advisory Work Group is soliciting public comment on drafts of Disability questions, Racial and Ethnicity questions and Sexual Orientation Gender Identity questions as part of House Bill 22-1157.
Upcoming Data Advisory Work Group Meeting
Meeting announcements and updates are listed monthly. All regularly scheduled meetings are open to the public. For language interpretation services during meetings, please contact email@example.com
- Aaron Green, Department of Health Care Policy and Financing - Data Advisory Work Group Chair
- Deidre Johnson, Center for African American Health
- Maria Guardiola, Colorado Cross Disability Coalition
- Sky Patron, One Colorado
- Kenny Maestas, Colorado Cross Disability Coalition
- Yolanda Webb, Department of Human Services
- Ned Calonge, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Chris Wells, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment