Increasing seating capacity by 15 seats or 20%, whichever is greater.
Alterations requiring a building permit.
Changes or alterations to nonpublic areas that result in reduction or increase of total space by 25% or more.
Capabilities to handle food, equipment and utensils in a sanitary manner have been diminished due to a food process or menu change that introduces new risks of foodborne illness.
1. Submit your plan review packet to us and include the $100 fee. Make check payable to CDPHE.
A complete plan review packet will include the following:
- Menu and food handling procedures.
- Facility floor plan and equipment layout.
- Equipment list by manufacturer and model number. Equipment designated for home use isn't acceptable.
- Manufacturer's specification sheets for all equipment.
- Mechanical diagrams, including plumbing, lighting, electrical, and kitchen and restroom ventilation.
- Interior finish schedule. May include samples of materials, finishes and colors.
- Affidavit of Residency (only required if you're a sole proprietor or individual owner).
An incomplete packet may delay processing time.
Submit all documents to:
Division of Environmental Health & Sustainability
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, DEHS A2
Denver, CO 80246
3. Once your plans are approved, we will send you an invoice for the cost of the review (not to exceed $580) and license fee. We will also send you the license application and your plan review approval letter.
5. We will issue your license.
You can begin construction or operation when you receive your plan approval letter.