Registration process changes for new applicants: effective September 1, 2021
On September 1, 2021 the process for submitting and processing a manufactured food, storage facility, or industrial hemp facility application will change.
- All applications require a non-refundable $100.00 application fee, payable by check or money order. We cannot accept cash.
- Please send the application fee only when submitting an application.
- Applications will be processed by the department. Then we will provide you with an invoice for the remaining registration fee, payable by check or money order. We cannot accept cash.
- Once you pay the remaining registration fee, we will issue your registration for a new facility.
The registration fees are:
- Facilities with Gross Annual Sales above $150,000 or any industrial hemp facility - $300.
- Facilities with Gross Annual Sales below $150,000 - $60.
- Brewery, winery, spirit distillery, and grain storage - only a $100 non-refundable application fee.
- Non-profit organizations must provide proof of tax status and have no application or registration fees.
Manufacturers, warehouses, re-packers, shellfish dealers, salvage operations, grain storage facilities and industrial hemp operations must be registered.
Food manufacturing and storage includes:
- Selling your food to retailers
- Shellfish dealers
- Salvage operations
- Grain storage facilities
- Industrial hemp
When to submit a new application
Registration is specific to the owner and location. It is not transferable or prorated. If you started a new business, there is a change of owner or if the physical address of the facility changes, please submit a new application and fee. CDPHE does not register operations that are producing marijuana infused products. You need to contact the Department of Revenue, Marijuana Enforcement Division.
How to update your contact information
If the physical address of the facility and the owner did not change and you need to update your contact information (mailing address, email, phone number, trade name), please fill out Contact Information Change form.
All Manufactured Food registration renewals, including industrial hemp, were mailed on June 10, 2021.
- FDA Food Facility Biennial Registration Renewal.
- Commissary Agreement (only required if you're working out of a shared kitchen or commissary).
Certificate of free sale
Certificate of free sale is issued for products manufactured or warehoused in Colorado that are subject to state and federal food regulations. The fee is $150 each certificate.
A listing of all manufactured food businesses that are active and current. List updated biweekly.
Additional licensing may be required.
Retail food license
City/county sales tax license
Get a sales tax license
Federal tax ID number: TIN, EIN, ITIN, etc.