1. Request a search
- Request a search of the state records by submitting a complete birth certificate application, including ID and fees.
- If the record isn't found, you'll receive a Notification of No Record letter, Delayed Birth Registration Instructions and Application to Register a Delayed Birth Certificate.
2. Apply for delayed birth registration
Apply to register a Delayed Birth Certificate by submitting:
- A completed Application to Register a Delayed Birth Certificate.
- A copy of the Notification of No Record.
- A copy of your valid ID.
- The non-refundable processing fees.
- Required support documents as listed on the Application to Register a Delayed Birth Certificate.
Application must be made within ONE YEAR of the issuance date on the Notification of No Record letter. If the request is approved, the birth will be registered with the Office of the State Registrar of Vital Statistics. One certified copy of the delayed birth certificate will be issued to the requester.