The Colorado Green Business Network (CGBN) is a voluntary program that encourages, supports, and rewards organizations that make the move toward the goal of true, operational sustainability.
Our goal is to support organizations throughout the state at any level of implementation in increasing the efficiency and sustainability of their operation through assessing opportunities for growth, recognizing success, and providing connections to like-minded businesses throughout the state.
We do this through a two pronged approach by:
- Providing free, off-site coaching and on-site assistance to any organization that requests it.
- Recognizing and awarding organizations for exemplary practices that lead to resource reduction.
To learn more about our program, please check out our CGBN program overview, as well as the pages below!
We provide free assistance to all organizations interested in increasing the efficiency of their operations. Our opportunity assessments are holistic, covering emissions, water, waste, energy, transportation, and policy.
When businesses have started to reduce their resource use and implement sustainability into operations, we provide state level recognition in the form of networking opportunities, awards, and more!
Incentives for joining our network!
There are lots of reasons to join the Colorado Green Business Network. Below we have listed a couple big ones, but don’t forget businesses also often:
- Reduce: input costs, disposal costs, compliance issues, worker exposure, risk and liability.
- Increase: performance, customer preference, product differentiation, worker satisfaction and retention.
Networking and community
The incentive most of our organizations often emphasize is the community, which provides:
- Formal mentoring from Silver and Gold members.
- Sharing best practices, procedures, and documents.
- Workshops, facility tours, and events.
- Monthly newsletters sharing business job openings, new funding opportunities, rebates, and statewide events.
Connection with state and local programs
Another commonly spoken of benefit to the program is the connection with the state, which provides organizations with:
- Early updates on funding opportunities available through state and local programs as well as utilities.
- Letters of recommendation in grant applications.
- Leadership opportunities related to new and upcoming legislation.
- Priority permitting and regulatory assistance.
Direct installations and project implementation support
During technical assistance, our team provides a number of direct installations which provide businesses with immediate financial savings.
Meet our staff
Alyssia Chinda graduated from the University of Colorado, Boulder with a degree in Environmental Studies. Previously, she worked as a Community Engagement Corpsmember at Mile High Youth Corps in the Energy and Water Conservation Program. She also completed an internship for our local partners PACE in Boulder County. Alyssia is very excited to continue her work as the Green Business Specialist for CDPHE.
Contact: email@example.com | 720-441-4953
Francis Otero completed her Master's degree in Urban Resilience and Sustainability at the University of Colorado, Boulder. She previously worked with Boulder PACE as a Bilingual Business Sustainability Fellow. She received her undergraduate degree in Finance from York University, Canada. Francis is very excited to continue work in the green business world as the Green Business Specialist for CDPHE.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 720-466-3015
A Boston native, Rayna Oliker joined CDPHE as the Colorado Green Business Network Administrator early in 2021. Rayna brings 12 years of experience in operational sustainability as well as education and outreach, with a Master’s degree in Education from CU Boulder. Rayna’s focus is on providing exemplary service to the State of Colorado businesses while centering equity, engagement, and sustainability in all the work that she does.
Contact: email@example.com | 720-213-8198