The CGBN offers FREE sustainability assessments and follow-up support to help you improve energy efficiency, water conservation, waste reduction, and corporate social responsibility. Our team of Green Business specialists provide high level technical assistance on an ongoing basis. We work with organizations of any size, type, and expertise - no matter where they are in their sustainability journey.
Our technical assistance includes:
- On-site opportunity assessments, where one of our Green Business Specialists comes on site to your facility to assess sustainability opportunities that may exist, and provides a holistic report highlighting recommended next steps for resource savings, policy improvements, and financial resources to achieve your sustainability goals.
- On-site performance assessments are designed to support certified businesses in moving from one level of membership in the program to the next - for example, from Bronze to Silver, with extra support and recommendations depending on the business’s needs.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CGBN hosted workshops and trainings
If you want access to all our workshops and trainings throughout the year, register on GreenBiz Tracker and complete the Welcome Survey to be added to our mailing list. Below we’ve included a few tips videos for how to navigate GreenBizTracker as well as our recognition applications.
Green Business Resources
CGBN Sector-Specific Roadmaps serve as sector-specific checklists businesses can use to implement low-cost, best practices regarding a specific sector.
In this folder, there are roadmaps on the following sectors: Breweries, Coffee Roasters, Commercial Refrigeration, Food & Beverage Manufacturing, Food Packaging, Hazardous Waste, Hotels & Hospitality, Commercial Bakeries.
Choosing a Baseline is meant to help businesses understand and implement resource use tracking for their organization. We cover the definition of a baseline, how to select the best use intensity formula for your operation, and review how our recognition scores are calculated for the CGBN application.
Creating Sustainable Purchasing Policies is meant to help businesses create a good sustainable purchasing policy for their organization. This document includes some best practices to consider incorporating into your organization’s purchasing policy, as well as a few examples of what a finished policy might look like.
Establishing a Green Team is meant to provide businesses with tips on how to effectively establish a Green Team within their organization, and decide which projects and tasks your green team is best suited to take on. This document also includes a checklist for organizations with multiple facilities, which will help Green Team members from different offices track their work for sustainable operations.
Greenhouse Gas Inventories is meant to help businesses get started on tracking greenhouse gas emissions by selecting which scopes to prioritize, and developing a list of GHG sources to better understand and improve their organization’s environmental impact. We also offer a few additional resources that you can use to begin your GHG Inventory, including toolkits from the EPA.
Direct installation mini-grants
The CGBN has received funding for Mini Grants to support efficiency in businesses. CGBN is purchasing items for businesses that, when installed, save resources for the business.
What items can we offer for the Mini Grants?
- The Mini Grant funds are to be used on items that when installed, save resources. Examples of these items are faucet aerators (save water), motion sensor light switches (prevent kWh being used in unoccupied rooms) and so on. As long as an item is linked with direct resource savings, we can offer the item to businesses.
Who is eligible?
- There are three groups that these funds are used for:
- Any business in the Colorado Green Business Network
- SBEF (Small Business Equity Fund) businesses
- Regional partners purchasing direct installation items on behalf of their community
If you are interested in receiving a Mini-Grant, please contact Oakley Jennings-Fast at email@example.com.