- Must be designated as the operator in responsible charge (ORC) by owner of facility or system.
- Must hold a current certificate in the same category, and and at the same or higher level, as the system or facility classification.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of the facility.
- Must know and understand requirements of applicable permits, laws and regulations.
- May supervise other operators working in the facility.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a written delegation plan if any tasks or activities are delegated to others.
Written agreement with facility owner
- There must be a written agreement between the ORC and the facility owner, per Regulation 100.10.1(c).
List of current ORCs
- Current contacts for drinking water systems are available on the system's monitoring schedule.
- Current contacts for permitted facilities are available online (search by permit number).
ORC contact update forms