We establish and enforce sanitary standards for child care facilities.
We enforce the regulations in Clear Creek, Jackson, Moffat, Park, Pitkin, Ouray and Rio Blanco counties. Local health agencies inspect child care facilities in all other counties.
Inspections of child care facilities are required every two years but may be conducted more frequently based on an assessment of risk.
Get your child care center licensed
- Rules and regulations governing health and sanitation in child care facilities (official Secretary of State version).
- Rules and regulations governing health and sanitation in child care facilities (easier to read, known as a distributed copy).
- Application for variance.
- Interpretive Memo - Indirect Drains.
- Indirect draining guidance.
- Multi-use sink plan application.
- Accidental feeding of breast milk to another mother's child.
- Bare hand contact with ready-to-eat foods: questions and answers.
- Date marking guidance.
- Notification regarding changes to food service requirements (Nov 2018).
Sanitizers and disinfectants
- How Sick is too Sick.
- ¿Qué tan enfermo es demasiado enfermo? (How Sick is too Sick in Spanish).
- Sample Illness Policy.
- Illness Surveillance Log.
- Infectious Disease Guidelines.
- Handwashing sign.
- Lávese las manos (Handwashing sign in Spanish).
- Diaper changing sign.
- Procedimiento para cambiar pañales (Diaper changing sign in Spanish).
- Poisonous plant guide.
- Pautas sobre plantas tóxicas (Poisonous plant guide in Spanish).
- Bat exposures.
- Guide to a successful health inspection.
- Preparing for a Healthy Camp Session (recorded webinar via Co.Train).
- Resident Camp Inspections (recorded webinar via Co.Train).
- Travel Trip Camp Questionnaire.
Summary of trainings
To register for the course(s), please create a Co.Train account. You will need the course ID to access the training.
- Regulation training for providers: Co.Train course ID:1061220.
- Overview of 2016 Regulation revisions: Co.Train course ID: 1062355.
- Preparing for a healthy camp session: Co.Train course ID: 1069894.
- Resident camp inspections: Co.Train course ID 1084554.
- Everything you need to know about cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting: Co.Train course ID 1108635.