We do not investigate bedbug infestations because they're considered a nuisance and not a health problem. Steps to prevent and control bedbugs are available from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Recommendations for addressing a bedbug infestation:
- Make a plan and prepare for control.
- Contact a pest management professional with experience and knowledge of the inspection, identification, and extermination of bedbugs.
- These professionals follow Integrated Pest Management (IPM) principles, which will include monitoring for any bugs that may have been missed during treatment.
- Use caution when using pesticides and always follow label directions.
- Colorado organizations involved in housing regulations and tenant-landlord mediation include: