The Youth Partnership for Health (YPH) is a youth advisory council for state, local and community stakeholders. Members of the council provide feedback and recommendations to CDPHE and it's partners programs and initiatives. The Youth Partnership for Health is coordinated by MCH staff and continues to receive financial support from numerous CDPHE programs, including state-funded tobacco and marijuana programs, to sustain this mechanism for soliciting youth input.
YPH meetings are held in a hybrid setting with meetings in person at the CDPHE building in Denver and virtually through the Zoom platform. Members meet one Saturday per month from September to May. All members are given a stipend of $25/hour and receive reimbursement for travel to meetings.
YPH Applications are now closed.
For questions, please contact Nadia at email@example.com.
Benefits of membership
Participation in this council will provide opportunities for you to develop leadership skills, increase your knowledge of various health topics and engage in meaningful ways to have your unique voices heard.
Who is YPH?
Members range in age from 13-19, represent urban, mountain and rural experiences, varying sexual and gender identities, both native and immigrant experiences, as well as different races and ethnicities. YPH members were all selected for their unique experiences that serve as a foundation from which they can provide open and honest feedback.
Members of YPH are passionate about the health and well-being of youth, as well as being a catalyst for improving outcomes for all young people statewide.
This council was started in 2000 and continues to be supported by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Youth consultants on this council provide feedback and suggestions to state and community partners who are working to positively impact the lives of Colorado's youth.
Interested in presenting?
Past YPH Presenters
- Partners that have utilized the expertise of YPH include:
- Children’s Hospital of Colorado
- SCL Health
- University of Colorado Health
- CDPHE Maternal Mortality prevention Program
- Peer Assistant Services - SBIRT Program
- EEqual - Non-profit Organization
- CDPHE Child Fatality Review Program
- CDPHE Breastfeeding Program
- CDPHE Suicide Prevention Program
- Child Protection Ombudsman of Colorado
- MCH Prosocial Connection Priority Team
- CDPHE School Based Health Center Program
- Denver Public Health Colorado Young Drivers Alliance - Youth Workgroup