Request for applications
The Water Quality Improvement Fund (WQIF) provides money for water quality improvement projects using civil penalties from water quality violations. This includes stormwater management training and best practices training to prevent or reduce the pollution of state waters.
The grants are an important assistance tool for communities working to improve water quality in their area. Small and economically challenged communities are given priority for the funds. Entities that pay a Colorado Water Quality Control Act civil penalty are prohibited from receiving a grant from the WQIF for a period of 5 years from the date of the payment of the penalty.
- Governmental agencies.
- Publicly owned water systems.
- Private not-for-profit public water systems.
- Not-for-profit watershed groups.
- Not-for-profit storm water program administrators.
- Not-for-profit training providers.
- Private landowners impacted by a water quality violation.
Please send all questions and inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org