Skip to main content
Items that can or cannot be accepted
Can be accepted:
- Prescription medications, including prescribed controlled substances (DEA Schedule II– V).
- Over-the-counter medications.
- Liquid medications (small amounts in original, non-leaking containers).
- Medicated patches (Used Fentanyl and Duragesic® patches are extremely hazardous. They may be folded in half, sticky-side together, and flushed down the toilet.)
- Medication samples.
- Medicated ointments.
- Pet medications.
- Unused drug injection cartridges, e.g. unused EpiPens® and insulin pens (must be unused with needle still protected inside).
- Unused inhaler canisters, e.g. Advair®, Spiriva®, ProAir® and Ventolin® (must be unused, no empty canisters or unneeded plastic holders/mouth pieces).