The purpose of this Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) Request for Applications (RFA) is to solicit responses for a new cycle of HIV prevention projects that reflect recent advances in HIV prevention interventions. Specifically, this RFA supports four types of HIV prevention interventions, including:
- HIV testing provided in clinical or nonclinical settings, which will serve as a gateway to HIV prevention services (especially PrEP and syringe access) for people who test HIV negative and as a gateway to HIV care for people who test HIV positive;
- Broad-based selective interventions that raise awareness, provide basic HIV education, and encourage enrollment in further preventive services among people with increased risk for HIV acquisition, with only minimal entry or commitment requirements;
- Client-centered, evidence-based selective interventions for populations whose risk will not be lowered through awareness and education. These interventions are consistent with evidence-based models and may be delivered one-on-one or to groups. They also encourage enrollment in further preventive services, when warranted.
- Indicated interventions for individual clients who are at imminent risk of acquiring HIV. Examples include, but are not limited to retention services that promote access and adherence to PrEP and case management for people who use drugs (PWUD) and people who inject drugs (PWID).
Approximately $2,500,000 to $2,800,000 is available to fund projects for the initial year. The anticipated term of this project is July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2024. The anticipated term of the initial contracts will be July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
Application submission deadline: February 9, 2021
- Attachment A: CDPHE RFA Cover Sheet and Signature Page
- Attachment B: Financial Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Attachment C: Disclosure and Documentation of Applicant Legal Organization
- Attachment D: CHAPP Work Plan
- Attachment E: Project Budget and Narrative
- Attachment F: Target Population Description
- Attachment G: Subrecipient FAQ - Financial Risk Assessment