We\'re looking to highlight sustainable and evidence-based programs being implemented around the state. Programs of Excellence will demonstrate the following:
Strong programmatic infrastructure.
Data-driven VIP programs or policies.
Partnerships and coalition participation.
Evidence-based programs or policies.
Strong program evaluation efforts.
Colorado VIP Programs of Excellence
- Avista Adventist Hospital
- Boulder County
- Castle Rock Adventist Hospital
- Clear Creek County Public and Environmental Health
- Delta County Memorial Hospital
- Eagle County Public Health and Environment
- Estes Park Medical Center
- Family Care Southwest
- Fremont County Department of Public Health and Environment
- Gilpin Ambulance Authority
- Garfield County Senior Programs
- Good Samaritan Medical Center
- Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center
- Lincoln Community Hospital
- Littleton Adventist Hospital
- Littleton Fire Rescue
- McKee Medical Center
- Medical Center of Aurora
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Parker Adventist Hospital
- Parkview Medical Center
- Penrose St. Francis
- Porter Adventist Hospital
- Pitkin County Senior Services
- Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
- Rio Grande Hospital
- Rose Medical Center
- San Luis Valley Health Regional Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Southwest Regional Emergency Medicine &, Trauma Advisory Council
- St. Anthony Hospital
- St. Anthony North Hospital
- St. Mary's Medical Center
- St. Anthony Summit Medical Center
- St. Mary Corwin Hospital
- St. Thomas More Hospital
- Swedish Medical Center
- UCHealth Memorial Hospital
- UCHealth - Northern Region Injury Prevention
- University of Colorado Hospital
The VIP Winnable Battle Advocate status will recognize the individuals who are passionate about preventing injury and violence within Colorado and improving their skills to implement effective programs and systems changes. VIP Advocates are those individuals who work directly in the field and commit to pursuing professional development opportunities to improve the implementation and outcomes of their VIP work.
Colorado VIP Advocates
This award will acknowledge the exemplary contributions of individuals, legislators, funders or business leaders across the state who may not typically be seen as VIP professionals yet have made significant efforts to prevent injuries or violence in Colorado. Her or his contributions will help Colorado achieve the winnable-battle goals: reductions in motor vehicle crashes, older adult falls, prescription drug misuse, child maltreatment and suicides.
Online training courses for partners and stakeholders to increase their knowledge of evidence-based injury prevention programming.
About the recognition program
In 2011, we named injury prevention one of our 10 Winnable Battles. The Injury Prevention Winnable Battle initiative will be promoted to mobilize a statewide network of violence and injury prevention professionals who are actively engaged in implementing evidence-based prevention strategies.
The Injury Prevention Winnable Battle Team is in the process of enlisting, equipping and engaging VIP Advocates and Programs of Excellence in all 64 Colorado counties to implement effective policies and practices that impact the five priority injury areas by April 2016, including motor vehicle, older adult falls, suicide, prescription drug overdose and child maltreatment.