- Best Practice Checklist for Off-Site COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics - This checklist is a guide to ensure best practices for vaccine storage, handling and administration at off-site vaccination clinics.
- COVID-19 Immunization Administration and Documentation Requirements - This document outlines the requirements to follow national standards, including federal law when administering and documenting immunizations.
- COVID-19 Provider Enrollment and Required Training - This document provides the requirements to enroll as a COVID-19 vaccine provider and the training required of all enrolled providers.
- COVID-19 Provider Key Staff Roles and Responsibilities - This document provides the requirement for COVID-19 providers to designate key staff responsible for implementing and managing the COVID-19 vaccine at their clinic.
- COVID-19 Storage Unit Requirements, Setup and Maintenance - This document provides the storage unit requirements, setup and maintenance needed to properly maintain the COVID-19 vaccine to minimize loss and prevent the need for revaccination.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Fee and Billing - This document describes the allowable fees for COVID-19 Vaccine administration.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Compliance Site Visit policy - This document describes the COVID-19 vaccine compliance site visit policy.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Inventory and Ordering Requirements - This document provides the COVID-19 vaccine inventory and ordering requirements for all enrolled COVID-19 providers.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Off-Site Clinic Policy - This document provides the COVID-19 vaccine off-site clinic guidance to ensure vaccines remain viable during an off-site vaccination clinic.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Temperature Excursion Policy - This document provides the requirement for all enrolled providers to report any excursions or storage and handling incidents involving COVID-19 vaccine to CDPHE immediately.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Temperature Monitoring Devices and Policy - This document provides the requirements of COVID-19 vaccine temperature monitoring devices to ensure vaccines remain viable.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Transfer Policy - This document provides the COVID-19 vaccine transfer policy to ensure safe transport of all COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Wastage Policy - This document provides the COVID-19 vaccine wastage policy for doses of COVID-19 vaccine that have expired or are considered to be wasted.
- Receiving COVID-19 Vaccine Shipments - This document provides the guidance for how to receive a COVID-19 vaccine shipment.
- CIIS COVID-19 Reporting Options - This document describes the options for reporting administered COVID-19 doses to the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS).
- Printable Provider Enrollment Guide - This document describes requirements to enroll as a COVID-19 vaccine provider and a general overview of the enrollment process.
Job Aids for COVID-19 Enrolled Providers
- Choosing a Portable Vaccine Transport Unit - This resource provides the brands and models of transport units that are approved by CDPHE for transporting publicly-funded vaccines.
- COVID-19 Storage and Handling CDC Module Instructions - This resource outlines the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Program requirements and provides instructions to complete the required training to become a COVID-19 enrolled provider.
- COVID-19 VFC 400 Data Logger Training - This document is the COVID-19 temperature monitoring and data logger training resource.
- Packing Vaccines for Transport during Emergencies - This resource provides guidance on how to package vaccines to transport during an emergency.
COVID-19 Vaccine Compliance Resources
- Emergency Vaccine Management Plan - The COVID-19 Vaccine Management Plan instructs staff on what to do in case of an emergency that might put vaccines at risk.
- Manual Temperature & Do Not Unplug Tags - This link will lead you to all manual temperature and do not unplug tags available for a COVID-19 provider to print.
- Offsite Vaccination Clinic Operational Playbook - This document is CDPHE’s off-site vaccination clinic operational playbook.
- Colorado Pediatric Provider Toolkit: Caring for Children During the COVID-19 Pandemic - A toolkit produced to support pediatric providers during the COVID-19 Pandemic, as related to caring for children.
- CDC Storage and Handling Toolkit - This is a comprehensive guide that reflects best practices for vaccine storage and handling from Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommendations, product information from vaccine manufacturers, and scientific studies.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Discussions with Patients Tool - This is an evidence-based and empathy-driven approach to help patients move toward a healthy behavior change, matching their values and needs. This is a new interactive conversational tool to provide guidance on COVID-19 vaccine discussions with patients.
- COVID-19 VFC 400 Data Logger Training - This document is the COVID-19 temperature monitoring and data logger training resource.
- National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness - This document provides a comprehensive actionable plan by the federal government to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Verifting COVID-19 Vaccination Record Cards - This document provides guidance on how to verify a COVID-19 vaccination card.
Excursion Documentation & Planning
- COVID-19 Quick Reference Guide for Healthcare Professionals - This document provides basic information on the proper storage, preparation, and administration of the currently authorized COVID-19 vaccine products in the United States.
- Storage & Handling Incident Report - This document is for reporting a storage and handling incident to CDPHE involving COVID-19 vaccines.
- Temperature Excursion Response Checklist - This document is a checklist for if a COVID-19 provider has a temperature excursion.
- Vaccine Transport Log - This document is the COVID-19 vaccine transport log used to document the transport of COVID-19 vaccines to another location and/or emergency alternate or back-up receiving location.
Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS) Training Resources for COVID-19 Providers
- About the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS) - This link provides information about CIIS.
- CIIS COVID-19 Job Aids (Master List) - This document contains a master list of CIIS training resources for COVID-19 providers. CIIS recommends saving this document for future reference.
- CIIS IZ Quick Add Module Training - This resource provides training for the CIIS IZ Quick Add Module, which may be helpful to providers holding large vaccination clinics.
- COVID-19 Reconciliation Best Practice Charts - This resource reviews the best practices for completing a COVID-19 vaccine inventory reconciliation in CIIS.
- How to Adjust for Wastage or Expired COVID-19 Vaccines in CIIS - This job aid shows the step-by-step process to properly adjust COVID-19 vaccine in CIIS due to wastage or expiration.
- How to Create a COVID-19 Vaccine Order in CIIS - This resource reviews how to create and submit a COVID-19 vaccine order in CIIS.
- How to Create a COVID-19 Reconciliation in CIIS (Aggregate Users) - This document outlines the process to reconcile COVID-19 vaccines for AGGREGATE CIIS users (e.g., users that have an electronic interface with CIIS, users that send data to CIIS via flat file).
- How to Create a COVID-19 Reconciliation in CIIS (Manual Users) - This document outlines the process to reconcile COVID-19 vaccines for MANUAL CIIS users (e.g., users that directly enter data into CIIS).
- How to Receive a COVID-19 Vaccine Order in CIIS - This resource is available to assist providers to receive a shipment for COVID-19 vaccines in CIIS.
- How to Receive Vaccine Inventory Transfer in CIIS - This document provides instructions for receiving a vaccine inventory transfer in CIIS.
- How to Run a Patient Detail with Services Report in CIIS - This resource provides instructions on how to run a patient detailed with services report in CIIS.
- How to Transfer COVID-19 Vaccine Inventory in CIIS - This guide will review how to properly transfer virtual COVID-19 vaccine inventory in the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS).
- Vaccine Adjustment Reason Codes - This resource provides guidance on the reason codes to use when reporting COVID-19 vaccine dose wastage in CIIS.
- How to Run a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Report - This document provides instructions on how to access a digital COVID-19 immunization card on behalf of a patient. This report can be printed and given to a patient.
- CDC Redistribution Agreement - This is the CDC Redistribution Agreement that must be on file to transfer COVID-19 vaccine to another enrolled COVID-19 Provider.
- Change of Information Request Form for COVID-19 Providers - This form is for when a COVID-19 only provider needs to add or remove contacts from their CIIS profile, have a change in their Chief Medical or Chief Executive Officer, or any other pertinent information (ie. email address, phone number, change of delivery hours, etc.)
- COVID-19 Daily Clinic Tally Sheet - This a COVID-19 daily clinic tally sheet to help providers track any doses drawn and wasted during clinics.
- COVID-19 Immunization Event Request Form - This is to request assistance to host an event to administer COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Form (English) - This is CDPHE’s COVID-19 vaccine screening and administration form in English for the COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Expiration Tracker - This is a tracking tool to record updated expiration dates for COVID-19 vaccine as additional stability data are available from the manufacturer.
- Data Logger and DO NOT NOT UNPLUG Tag Supply Request Form - This is to request a data logger from CDPHE and/or DO NOT UNPLUG tags.
- Transfer Request Form - All transfers of COVID-19 vaccine must be approved by CDPHE. This form is for the request to transfer any COVID-19 vaccine to another enrolled COVID-19 provider.
- Vaccine Support Team Request Form - This form is to request vaccine support teams from CDPHE to assist with vaccine administration or entering data into CIIS.
- Workplace Vaccination Event Request Form - This request form is for organizations to request a workplace COVID-19 vaccination event.
Moderna Vaccine Information
- Accounting for Moderna Primary Series and Booster COVID-19 Vaccine in the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS) - This document provides guidance for how to account for Moderna primary series and booster vaccines in CIIS.
- EUA Letter Moderna - This is the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Letter Granting EUA Amendment June 25, 2021.
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers (Moderna) - This is the fact sheet for healthcare providers administering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine under EUA.
- Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers (Moderna) - This is the fact sheet for recipients and caregivers receiving Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Standing Order - This is the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine standing order for administering vaccine to persons 18 years of age and older.
- Moderna Shelf-Life Extension Tool Look Up - This the Moderna shelf-life extension tool providers can use to determine expiry dates.
Pfizer Vaccine Information
- EUA Letter Pfizer - This is the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Letter of Authority June 25, 2021.
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers (Pfizer) - This fact sheet is for healthcare providers administering thePfizer COVID-19 vaccine for individuals ages 12 and older under EUA.
- Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers (Pfizer) - This fact sheet is for recipients and caregivers receiving Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
- Low Dead Volume Syringe Brochure - This provides guidance on how to use low dead volume syringes and/or needles to extract 6 doses of out every Pfizer vial.
- Pfizer Standing Orders- These are the standing orders for administering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to persons 5 through 11 years of age and persons 12 years and older.
Janssen Vaccine Information
- Expiry Tool Lookup - This is the expiry checker for Janssen COVID-19 vaccine to obtain updated expiration dates.
- Janssen Storage and Handling Summary - This is the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) storage and handling summary.
- Janssen Transportation Guidance - This is the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) guidance for transporting vaccine for vaccination clinics held at satellite, temporary, or off-site locations.
- Janssen Standing Orders - This is the standing orders for administering the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine to persons 18 years of age and older.
COVID-19 Booster Doses Resources
- CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Dose Website - This website provides information from CDC on COVID-19 vaccine booster doses.
- CDPHE’s Booster Dose Website - This website provides information on who is recommended for a booster dose.
- Executive Order 2021 137 - This is the executive order signed by Governor Jared Polis on November 11, 2021, declaring
- Provider Letter Regarding Boosters - This provider letter was shared on November 11, 2021, regarding booster doses across Colorado.
COVID-19 Clinical Guidance
- COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Errors and Deviations - This is a resource document to provide information about how to prevent and report COVID-19 vaccine administration errors, as well as actions to take after the error occurs.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fetal Cell Handout - This document provides information about COVID-19 vaccines and fetal cell lines.
- Nursing Rules and Regulations - This document is the Department of Regulatory Agencies Division of Professions and Occupations; Board of Nursing, Nursing Rules and Regulations.
- Patient Safety Checklist for Vaccination Clinics Held at Satellite, Temporary, or Off-Site Locations - This is an assessment tool to help clinic coordinators and supervisors prepare for COVID-19 vaccination clinics held at satellite, temporary, or off-site locations.
- Product Information Guide for COVID-19 Vaccines and Associated Products - This guide provides specifications for COVID-19 vaccine and associated products, providing key product information.
- V-Safe Information Sheet - This is an information sheet available as a resource to learn more about v-safe.
- V-Safe Poster - This is a printable V-Safe poster available for COVID-19 providers to encourage use of v-safe across communities.
Vaccine Equity Resources
- Example PWD Prioritization and Scheduling Language - This document includes basic considerations for prioritizing and scheduling people with disabilities and their caregivers for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Promising Practices for Vaccinating DAAP - This is feedback from jurisdictional listening sessions, including strategies for reaching populations with limited access to COVID-19 Vaccines.
- Carrying Equity in COVID-19 Vaccination Forward: Guidance Informed by Communities of Color - observations and recommendations from communities of color during the COVID-19 response about integrating equity in vaccine efforts and public health capacity in general.
- Infographic: How to Support a Fully-Considered Vaccination Decision
- Managing Vaccine Hesitancy During an Outbreak: A Focus on Cultural Competency - Chapter 2 of the Vaccine Confidence Guide
Pediatric Pfizer COVID-19 Provider Resources
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccine for Children and Teens - This is a CDC resource for recommendations for COVID-19 vaccine for children and teens.
- CDC Talking to parents about COVID-19 - This is a CDC resource that provides information on how to talk to parents and caregivers about the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Communications Toolkit - This is a primary care provider COVID-19 vaccine communications toolkit food ages 5 to 17.
- Communications Toolkit for Primary Care Providers - This toolkit provides a variety of resources available to primary care providers offering the COVID-19 vaccine. There are translated documents available in this toolkit.
- COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccine Order Requests - This order form is for placing a pediatric Pfizer dose order in a quantity of less than 100 doses. Your provider PIN will populate after you have completed the COVID-19 Enrollment Application.
- EUA Factsheet (Pfizer) for Healthcare Providers - This is a vaccine information sheet for health care providers about Pfizer for ages 5-11.
- EUA Factsheet (Pfizer) for Recipients and Caregivers - This is a vaccine information sheet for recipients and caregivers about Pfizer for those ages 5 to 11.
- Interim Standing Order - This is the interim standing order for administering Pfizer vaccine to persons 5 years of age and older. This was last updated on November 2, 2021.
- Pediatric Best Practices for Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine - This is a recording of a webinar that was held on November 5, 2021, on Pediatric Best Practices for Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine, including an overview of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommendations for vaccinating children aged 5-11 years.
- Pediatric Pfizer Screenshot - This screenshot provides a visual for how pediatric doses will look in your inventory in the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS).
- Pediatric Provider Toolkit - This is the Colorado Pediatric Provider Toolkit that shares resources for providers to promote pediatric wellness, preventative care, and immunizations.
- Tips for Parents and Guardians - This document provides several tips for parents and guardians about vaccines for children.
- Updated Vaccine Administration Screening Form - This general link will guide you to the most updated vaccine administration screening form available.
- Updated Clinical Considerations - This is CDC’s updated clinical considerations for use of the COVID-19 vaccine with pediatric recommendations included.
Primary Care Provider Communications
- CDPHE’s Primary Care Provider Communications Toolkit - In this toolkit, PCPs will find ready-to-use email, text, and social media messages encouraging their patients to get vaccinated or to set up an appointment once they become a COVID-19 vaccine provider.
- Motivational Interviewing - This document provides a brief and video that includes evidence-based strategies and suggestions for language clinicians can use to address mistrust of and concerns regarding COVID-19 vaccines.
- Primary Care Provider Follow Up & Resources -This is a thank you communication to primary care providers and local partners for attending the primary care enrollment webinar in June 2021.
- Primary Care Provider Listening Session - This is the summary, webinar recording, and resources offered after a primary care provider listening session that was held June 2021.
- Primary Care Provider Webinar Follow Up & Thank You - This is a link to the webinar recording and thank you communication to primary care providers that attended the May 2021 town hall.
Immunization Help Desks Available for Providers
- CIIS Help Desk - This help desk is able to provide access to the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS), add users to a clinic, and to assist with mass event features to user accounts.
- COVID VAX Help Desk - This help desk is available to assist with enrollment, change of information requests, and any other concerns related to COVID-19 Immunizations. They will triage concerns that come in to the appropriate help desk.
- PrepMod Help Desk - This help desk is available to assist with questions related to PrepMod for COVID-19 reporting options.
- VOM Help Desk - The Vaccine Ordering Module (VOM) help desk is available to assist with questions related to inventory, reporting, reconciliations, and making necessary adjustments for doses administered.