- COVID-19 Immunization Administration and Documentation Requirements - This document outlines the requirements to follow national standards, including federal law when administering and documenting immunizations.
- COVID-19 Provider Enrollment and Required Training - This document provides the requirements to enroll as a COVID-19 vaccine provider and the training required of all enrolled providers.
- COVID-19 Provider Key Staff Roles and Responsibilities - This document provides the requirement for COVID-19 providers to designate key staff responsible for implementing and managing the COVID-19 vaccine at their clinic.
- COVID-19 Storage Unit Requirements, Setup and Maintenance - This document provides the storage unit requirements, setup and maintenance needed to properly maintain the COVID-19 vaccine to minimize loss and prevent the need for revaccination.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Fee and Billing - This document describes the allowable fees for COVID-19 Vaccine administration.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Compliance Site Visit policy - This document describes the COVID-19 vaccine compliance site visit policy.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Inventory and Ordering Requirements - This document provides the COVID-19 vaccine inventory and ordering requirements for all enrolled COVID-19 providers.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Temperature Excursion Policy - This document provides the requirement for all enrolled providers to report any excursions or storage and handling incidents involving COVID-19 vaccine to CDPHE immediately.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Temperature Monitoring Devices and Policy - This document provides the requirements of COVID-19 vaccine temperature monitoring devices to ensure vaccines remain viable.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Transfer Policy - This document provides the COVID-19 vaccine transfer policy to ensure safe transport of all COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Wastage Policy - This document provides the COVID-19 vaccine wastage policy for doses of COVID-19 vaccine that have expired or are considered to be wasted.
- Receiving COVID-19 Vaccine Shipments - This document provides the guidance for how to receive a COVID-19 vaccine shipment.
- CIIS COVID-19 Reporting Options - This document describes the options for reporting administered COVID-19 doses to the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS).
- Printable Provider Enrollment Guide - This document describes requirements to enroll as a COVID-19 vaccine provider and a general overview of the enrollment process.
Job Aids for COVID-19 Enrolled Providers
- Choosing a Portable Vaccine Transport Unit - This resource provides the brands and models of transport units that are approved by CDPHE for transporting publicly-funded vaccines.
- COVID-19 Storage and Handling CDC Module Instructions - This resource outlines the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Program requirements and provides instructions to complete the required training to become a COVID-19 enrolled provider.
- COVID-19 VFC 400 Data Logger Training - This document is the COVID-19 temperature monitoring and data logger training resource.
- Packing Vaccines for Transport during Emergencies - This resource provides guidance on how to package vaccines to transport during an emergency.
COVID-19 Vaccine Compliance Resources
- Emergency Vaccine Management Plan - The COVID-19 Vaccine Management Plan instructs staff on what to do in case of an emergency that might put vaccines at risk.
- Manual Temperature & Do Not Unplug Tags - This link will lead you to all manual temperature and do not unplug tags available for a COVID-19 provider to print.
- Offsite Vaccination Clinic Operational Playbook - This document is CDPHE’s off-site vaccination clinic operational playbook.
COVID-19 Off-Site Clinic Guidance
- COVID-19 Off-Site Clinic Policy - This policy is the requirement for all off-site COVID-19 vaccination clinics to receive prior approval to clinics taking place. This policy states each of the required pieces of information that must be submitted and retained to ensure vaccine viability and approval from the Colorado Immunization Branch.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Off-Site Clinic Request Form - Submit this form to request approval from the COVID-19 Program to transport COVID-19 vaccines prior to scheduling off-site clinics. Please allow two business days for processing.
- COVID-19 Off-Site Clinic Checklist - This checklist is required for all off-site COVID-19 vaccine clinics to ensure COVID-19 vaccine coordinators overseeing off-site COVID-19 vaccination clinics follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines for vaccine storage, handling and administration. Using this checklist is essential to ensuring patient safety and vaccine effectiveness.
- Choosing a Portable Vaccine Transport Unit - The following list provides brands and models of transport units that are approved by the Colorado Immunization Branch for transporting VFC, 317, and COVID-19 vaccines. The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment does not recommend or endorse products or manufacturers. This list is a courtesy.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Off-Site Clinic Summary - This document is a summary of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s (CDPHE) COVID-19 Vaccine Off-Site Clinic Policy and approval process.
- COVID-19 Vaccine transport Log
- Colorado Pediatric Provider Toolkit: Caring for Children During the COVID-19 Pandemic - A toolkit produced to support pediatric providers during the COVID-19 Pandemic, as related to caring for children.
- CDC Storage and Handling Toolkit - This is a comprehensive guide that reflects best practices for vaccine storage and handling from Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommendations, product information from vaccine manufacturers, and scientific studies.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Discussions with Patients Tool - This is an evidence-based and empathy-driven approach to help patients move toward a healthy behavior change, matching their values and needs. This is a new interactive conversational tool to provide guidance on COVID-19 vaccine discussions with patients.
- COVID-19 VFC 400 Data Logger Training - This document is the COVID-19 temperature monitoring and data logger training resource.
- National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness - This document provides a comprehensive actionable plan by the federal government to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Verifting COVID-19 Vaccination Record Cards - This document provides guidance on how to verify a COVID-19 vaccination card.
Excursion Documentation & Planning
- COVID-19 Quick Reference Guide for Healthcare Professionals - This document provides basic information on the proper storage, preparation, and administration of the currently authorized COVID-19 vaccine products in the United States.
- Storage & Handling Incident Report - This document is for reporting a storage and handling incident to CDPHE involving COVID-19 vaccines.
- Temperature Excursion Response Checklist - This document is a checklist for if a COVID-19 provider has a temperature excursion.
- Vaccine Transport Log - This document is the COVID-19 vaccine transport log used to document the transport of COVID-19 vaccines to another location and/or emergency alternate or back-up receiving location.
Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS) Training Resources for COVID-19 Providers
- About the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS) - This link provides information about CIIS.
- CIIS COVID-19 Job Aids (Master List) - This document contains a master list of CIIS training resources for COVID-19 providers. CIIS recommends saving this document for future reference.
- CIIS IZ Quick Add Module Training - This resource provides training for the CIIS IZ Quick Add Module, which may be helpful to providers holding large vaccination clinics.
- COVID-19 Reconciliation Best Practice Charts - This resource reviews the best practices for completing a COVID-19 vaccine inventory reconciliation in CIIS.
- How to Adjust for Wastage or Expired COVID-19 Vaccines in CIIS - This job aid shows the step-by-step process to properly adjust COVID-19 vaccine in CIIS due to wastage or expiration.
- How to Create a COVID-19 Vaccine Order in CIIS - This resource reviews how to create and submit a COVID-19 vaccine order in CIIS.
- How to Create a COVID-19 Reconciliation in CIIS (Aggregate Users) - This document outlines the process to reconcile COVID-19 vaccines for AGGREGATE CIIS users (e.g., users that have an electronic interface with CIIS, users that send data to CIIS via flat file).
- How to Create a COVID-19 Reconciliation in CIIS (Manual Users) - This document outlines the process to reconcile COVID-19 vaccines for MANUAL CIIS users (e.g., users that directly enter data into CIIS).
- How to Receive a COVID-19 Vaccine Order in CIIS - This resource is available to assist providers to receive a shipment for COVID-19 vaccines in CIIS.
- How to Receive Vaccine Inventory Transfer in CIIS - This document provides instructions for receiving a vaccine inventory transfer in CIIS.
- How to Run a Patient Detail with Services Report in CIIS - This resource provides instructions on how to run a patient detailed with services report in CIIS.
- How to Transfer COVID-19 Vaccine Inventory in CIIS - This guide will review how to properly transfer virtual COVID-19 vaccine inventory in the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS).
- Vaccine Adjustment Reason Codes - This resource provides guidance on the reason codes to use when reporting COVID-19 vaccine dose wastage in CIIS.
- How to Run a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Report - This document provides instructions on how to access a digital COVID-19 immunization card on behalf of a patient. This report can be printed and given to a patient.
- CDC Redistribution Agreement - This is the CDC Redistribution Agreement that must be on file to transfer COVID-19 vaccine to another enrolled COVID-19 Provider.
- Change of Information Request Form for COVID-19 Providers - This form is for when a COVID-19 only provider needs to add or remove contacts from their CIIS profile, have a change in their Chief Medical or Chief Executive Officer, or any other pertinent information (ie. email address, phone number, change of delivery hours, etc.)
- COVID-19 Immunization Event Request Form - This is to request assistance to host an event to administer COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Form (English) - This is CDPHE’s COVID-19 vaccine screening and administration form in English for the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Spanish | Simplified Chinese | Nepalese | Russian | Swahili | Vietnamese
- COVID-19 Vaccine Expiration Tracker - This is a tracking tool to record updated expiration dates for COVID-19 vaccine as additional stability data are available from the manufacturer.
- Data Logger and DO NOT NOT UNPLUG Tag Supply Request Form - This is to request a data logger from CDPHE and/or DO NOT UNPLUG tags.
- Transfer Request Form - All transfers of COVID-19 vaccine must be approved by CDPHE. This form is for the request to transfer any COVID-19 vaccine to another enrolled COVID-19 provider.
- Vaccine Support Team Request Form - This form is to request vaccine support teams from CDPHE to assist with vaccine administration or entering data into CIIS.
- Workplace Vaccination Event Request Form - This request form is for organizations to request a workplace COVID-19 vaccination event.
Moderna Vaccine Information
- Accounting for Moderna Primary Series and Booster COVID-19 Vaccine in the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS) - This document provides guidance for how to account for Moderna primary series and booster vaccines in CIIS.
- EUA Letter Moderna - This is the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Letter Granting EUA Amendment June 25, 2021.
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers (Moderna) - This is the fact sheet for healthcare providers administering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine under EUA.
- Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers (Moderna) - This is the fact sheet for recipients and caregivers receiving Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Standing Order - This is the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine standing order for administering vaccine.
- Moderna Shelf-Life Extension Tool Look Up - This the Moderna shelf-life extension tool providers can use to determine expiry dates.
Pfizer Vaccine Information
- EUA Letter Pfizer - This is the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Letter of Authority June 25, 2021.
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers (Pfizer) - This fact sheet is for healthcare providers administering thePfizer COVID-19 vaccine for individuals ages 12 and older under EUA.
- Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers (Pfizer) - This fact sheet is for recipients and caregivers receiving Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
- Low Dead Volume Syringe Brochure - This provides guidance on how to use low dead volume syringes and/or needles to extract 6 doses of out every Pfizer vial.
- Pfizer Standing Orders- These are the standing orders for administering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to persons 6 months and up.
Janssen Vaccine Information
- Expiry Tool Lookup - This is the expiry checker for Janssen COVID-19 vaccine to obtain updated expiration dates.
- Janssen Storage and Handling Summary - This is the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) storage and handling summary.
- Janssen Transportation Guidance - This is the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) guidance for transporting vaccine for vaccination clinics held at satellite, temporary, or off-site locations.
- Janssen Standing Orders - This is the standing orders for administering the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine to persons 18 years of age and older.
Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine
- Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine information (CDC)
- Vaccine Preparation and Administration Summary (CDC)
- Emergency Use Authorization Fact Sheets (FDA)
- Colorado Signed Standing Order for Novavax vaccine (CDPHE)
COVID-19 Booster Doses Resources
- CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Dose Website - This website provides information from CDC on COVID-19 vaccine booster doses.
- CDPHE’s Booster Dose Website - This website provides information on who is recommended for a booster dose.
- Executive Order 2021 137 - This is the executive order signed by Governor Jared Polis on November 11, 2021, declaring
- Provider Letter Regarding Boosters - This provider letter was shared on November 11, 2021, regarding booster doses across Colorado.
COVID-19 Clinical Guidance
- COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Errors and Deviations - This is a resource document to provide information about how to prevent and report COVID-19 vaccine administration errors, as well as actions to take after the error occurs.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fetal Cell Handout - This document provides information about COVID-19 vaccines and fetal cell lines.
- Nursing Rules and Regulations - This document is the Department of Regulatory Agencies Division of Professions and Occupations; Board of Nursing, Nursing Rules and Regulations.
- Patient Safety Checklist for Vaccination Clinics Held at Satellite, Temporary, or Off-Site Locations - This is an assessment tool to help clinic coordinators and supervisors prepare for COVID-19 vaccination clinics held at satellite, temporary, or off-site locations.
- Product Information Guide for COVID-19 Vaccines and Associated Products - This guide provides specifications for COVID-19 vaccine and associated products, providing key product information.
- V-Safe Information Sheet - This is an information sheet available as a resource to learn more about v-safe.
- V-Safe Poster - This is a printable V-Safe poster available for COVID-19 providers to encourage use of v-safe across communities.
Vaccine Equity Resources
- Example PWD Prioritization and Scheduling Language - This document includes basic considerations for prioritizing and scheduling people with disabilities and their caregivers for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Promising Practices for Vaccinating DAAP - This is feedback from jurisdictional listening sessions, including strategies for reaching populations with limited access to COVID-19 Vaccines.
- Carrying Equity in COVID-19 Vaccination Forward: Guidance Informed by Communities of Color - observations and recommendations from communities of color during the COVID-19 response about integrating equity in vaccine efforts and public health capacity in general.
- Infographic: How to Support a Fully-Considered Vaccination Decision
- Managing Vaccine Hesitancy During an Outbreak: A Focus on Cultural Competency - Chapter 2 of the Vaccine Confidence Guide
Pediatric Pfizer COVID-19 Provider Resources
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccine for Children and Teens - This is a CDC resource for recommendations for COVID-19 vaccine for children and teens.
- CDC Talking to parents about COVID-19 - This is a CDC resource that provides information on how to talk to parents and caregivers about the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Communications Toolkit - This is a primary care provider COVID-19 vaccine communications toolkit food ages 5 to 17.
- Communications Toolkit for Primary Care Providers - This toolkit provides a variety of resources available to primary care providers offering the COVID-19 vaccine. There are translated documents available in this toolkit.
- COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccine Order Requests - This order form is for placing a pediatric Pfizer dose order in a quantity of less than 100 doses. Your provider PIN will populate after you have completed the COVID-19 Enrollment Application.
- EUA Factsheet (Pfizer) for Healthcare Providers - This is a vaccine information sheet for health care providers about Pfizer for ages 5-11.
- EUA Factsheet (Pfizer) for Recipients and Caregivers - This is a vaccine information sheet for recipients and caregivers about Pfizer for those ages 5 to 11.
- Interim Standing Order - This is the interim standing order for administering Pfizer vaccine to persons 5 years of age and older. This was last updated on November 2, 2021.
- Pediatric Best Practices for Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine - This is a recording of a webinar that was held on November 5, 2021, on Pediatric Best Practices for Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine, including an overview of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommendations for vaccinating children aged 5-11 years.
- Pediatric Pfizer Screenshot - This screenshot provides a visual for how pediatric doses will look in your inventory in the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS).
- Pediatric Provider Toolkit - This is the Colorado Pediatric Provider Toolkit that shares resources for providers to promote pediatric wellness, preventative care, and immunizations.
- Tips for Parents and Guardians - This document provides several tips for parents and guardians about vaccines for children.
- Updated Vaccine Administration Screening Form - This general link will guide you to the most updated vaccine administration screening form available.
- Updated Clinical Considerations - This is CDC’s updated clinical considerations for use of the COVID-19 vaccine with pediatric recommendations included.
Primary Care Provider Communications
- CDPHE’s Primary Care Provider Communications Toolkit - In this toolkit, PCPs will find ready-to-use email, text, and social media messages encouraging their patients to get vaccinated or to set up an appointment once they become a COVID-19 vaccine provider.
- Motivational Interviewing - This document provides a brief and video that includes evidence-based strategies and suggestions for language clinicians can use to address mistrust of and concerns regarding COVID-19 vaccines.
- Primary Care Provider Follow Up & Resources -This is a thank you communication to primary care providers and local partners for attending the primary care enrollment webinar in June 2021.
- Primary Care Provider Listening Session - This is the summary, webinar recording, and resources offered after a primary care provider listening session that was held June 2021.
- Primary Care Provider Webinar Follow Up & Thank You - This is a link to the webinar recording and thank you communication to primary care providers that attended the May 2021 town hall.
Immunization Help Desks Available for Providers
- CIIS Help Desk - This help desk is able to provide access to the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS), add users to a clinic, and to assist with mass event features to user accounts.
- COVID VAX Help Desk - This help desk is available to assist with enrollment, change of information requests, and any other concerns related to COVID-19 Immunizations. They will triage concerns that come in to the appropriate help desk.
- PrepMod Help Desk - This help desk is available to assist with questions related to PrepMod for COVID-19 reporting options.
- VOM Help Desk - The Vaccine Ordering Module (VOM) help desk is available to assist with questions related to inventory, reporting, reconciliations, and making necessary adjustments for doses administered.