Under Colorado law, you can remove your/your child’s immunization information from the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS) at any time. This is called an opt-out.
If you change your mind, you can always have your health care provider re-enter your/your child’s immunization record into CIIS at a later time.
If you choose not to participate in CIIS, you're responsible for keeping track of your/your child’s immunization record.
How to opt-out of CIIS
1. When you ask to opt-out of CIIS, your health care provider should:
- Direct you to a CIIS Opt-Out Form - English | Arabic | Chinese | Korean | Russian | Somali | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Attach one signed copy of the form to your/your child’s medical record in the location usually reserved for the immunization record, if applicable or practical for clinic work flow.
2. To complete the opt-out, it's your responsibility to:
- Mail, email, or fax one signed copy of the CIIS Opt-Out Form to the CIIS office at the address on the bottom of the form.
- Keep one signed copy of the form for your records.