- Land use at Peterson Air Force Base consists of a combination of administrative, industrial, special space mission, residential, community, recreational and aircraft operations.
- Industrial operations have generally been associated with aircraft and vehicle maintenance, such as engine repair, aircraft systems maintenance and painting.
- The Phase I study identified past operations at Peterson Air Force Base that generated hazardous waste, the types of wastes generated and where the wastes ended up.
- A summary of this information is found in the Remedial Investigation Report (Hazardous Waste Remedial Action Program, September 1989).
- The landfills, Former Fire Training Area and Industrial Area Storm Sewer/Leach Field were estimated to have received the majority of hazardous waste generated during base activities.
Documents related to the environmental cleanup and Military Munitions Response Program (MMRP) activities at Peterson Air Force Base can be found at the following locations: