Interested in becoming a VFC provider?
The VFC Program has created their own annual training program.
The program requires the Primary Vaccine Coordinator, Secondary Vaccine Coordinator, and Provider of Record at each VFC provider office to complete this training module every year. The course is highly recommended for any staff working with the VFC program.
Vaccine management forms
- Routine Vaccine Management Plan
- Emergency Vaccine Management Plan
- VFC Change of Information form
- Vaccine Borrowing Report
- Vaccine Usage Log
- Vaccine Wastage Log
- Vaccine Tally Sheet (For Aggregate/Electronic-Entry Users)
- How To Do a Physical Vaccine Inventory Count
Unused federally purchased vaccine should be returned to McKesson. Please see the documents below on how to return your VFC/317 vaccine.
*Paper return forms are no longer accepted.
- Create a Vaccine Return - Job Aid
- Create a VFC Vaccine Return - Video
- Vaccine Return Module User Impact Document
- Vaccine Return and Wastage Guide
- Vaccine Return Checklist & Return Label FAQ
Storage and handling
Paper temperature monitoring logs
Temperature excursion guidance
- Vaccines for Children (VFC) Storage and Handling Response Checklist
- Vaccines for Children (VFC) Storage & Handling Incident Report
- VFC Vaccine Inventory Form
- How to read a data logger report
- Adjust VFC400 Data Logger Settings Job Aid.
- Download Data Logger Job Aid.
- Change logger battery.
- Data logger calibration
- VFC providers are responsible for ensuring their primary and back-up data loggers have a current calibration. Data loggers should be calibrated every two years. Loggers can be calibrated for single-point calibration (for use in either a fridge OR freezer) or dual calibration (able to be used in both a fridge AND freezer).
Vaccine Transfers and Off-site Clinics
All vaccine transfers and off-site clinics must be approved by the VFC program prior to moving vaccine. Please refer to the transport and off-site clinic policies for more information.
- Request permission to transfer VFC or 317 vaccine
- Request permission to hold an off-site clinic with VFC or 317 vaccine
- Packing Vaccines for Transport (if NOT using a portable storage unit or qualified container and pack out)
- VFC Vaccine Transport Log (fill out for every transport and off-site clinic)
- VFC Off-Site Clinic Checklist (fill out at every off-site clinic)