Submit a Letter of Intent to become a registered home care placement agency.
- Charge a fee to refer consumers to home care workers.
- Are authorized only to make referrals.
- Are not authorized to provide skilled home health services or personal care services.
- Are prohibited by state law (CRS 25-27.5-103) from claiming to be a licensed or certified Home Care Agency.
Registered home care placement agencies must meet provisions of 6 CCR 1011-1, Chapter XXVI, Section 4, which require agencies to:
- Register with the department.
- Annually update their registration.
- Provide a written disclosure notice to the consumer or authorized representative, before services are rendered, that specifies the services provided by the placement agency and the consumer's obligation regarding the home care worker.
- Conduct criminal background checks of home care workers.