The waste tire End Users Fund provides rebates to end users and retailers who sell tire-derived products. Funds collected through the $1.25 waste tire fee on new replacement tires on vehicles and trailers support this program.
The following are eligible to apply for a rebate:
- Registered end users who end use tire-derived products or waste tires in Colorado;
- Colorado retailers who sell certain Colorado-generated tire-derived products made in Colorado; and
- Registered waste tire haulers who are also a registered end user in Colorado.
Download an application that is attached below. All sections are required unless otherwise noted. You can also print an application and fill it out by hand. Electronic signatures are not accepted.
Send the application and supporting documentation to:
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South
Denver, CO 80246-1530
Attn: EU Fund
Emailed or faxed applications will not be accepted.
Deadlines to submit applications for 2023
- 1st Quarter 2023.
- Timeframe: Jan. 1, 2023 - March 31, 2023.
- Due date: April 17, 2023.
- 2nd Quarter 2023.
- Timeframe: April 1, 2023 - June 30, 2023.
- Due date: July 17, 2023.
- 3rd Quarter 2023.
- Timeframe: July 1, 2023 - Sep. 30, 2023.
- Due Date: Oct. 16, 2023.
- 4th Quarter 2023.
- Timeframe: Oct. 1, 2023 - Dec. 31, 2023.
- Due date: Jan. 16, 2024.
Tiering breakdown of rebate amounts
Per ton rebate for 2023
Tire-derived fuel, crumb rubber
Per ton rate: $80
Molded products, rubber mulch
Per ton rate: $40
Waste tire bales, alternative daily cover, civil engineering
Per ton rate: $20
Waste tire hauler rebate
$20 per ton
- Table 10-12-.01 eligible end uses and retailing for the End Users Fund.
- Weight ticket guidelines.
- Partial definition list.
- ASTM Standards for Tire-derived Aggregate and Alternative Daily Cover.
- Colorado county population rankings.