Training resources for long-acting reversible contraception methods
- Beyond the Pill’s free online training - A primer on IUDs and contraceptive implants suitable for all types of health care providers and support staff. (Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health and University of California San Francisco).
- Immediate Post-Placental LARC Insertion - an ACOG educational video.
IUD insertion and removal videos
- Liletta® single-handed insertion and removal.
- CopperT insertion video (Association of Reproductive Health Professionals).
Implant insertion and removal
- Nexplanon insertion and removal instructions(MerckConnect).
- Contraception-ACOG’s “How I Practice” video series.
- Counseling session videos for clinic staff (LARC FIRST).
- Training new counselors (LARC FIRST).
Additional LARC training
- The LARC link - online tool to find trainings (National Clinical Training Center for Family Planning).
- Free webinars offered by the ACOG LARC Program.
Patient assistance programs for LARC methods
- Paragard Patient Assistance Program.
- Nexplanon Patient Assistance Program.
- Mirena, Kyleena and Skyla Patient Assistance Program.
LARC billing and coding materials
- Emergency rule for LARC reimbursement - The Medical Services Board approved a Code of Colorado Regulations emergency rule on July 14, 2017, that allows for reimbursement for LARCs to FQHCs outside of the encounter rate.
- Provider bulletin (see page 13) - The Department of Health Care and Policy Financing (HCPF) posted in the July 2017 news bulletin that LARC insertion to hospitals that will be carved out of APR-DRG reimbursement and will be paid FFS. This change is awaiting CMS approval, so it will be implemented retroactively and claims will be adjusted.
- See the billing and coding manual for Colorado Title X Family Planning.
- LARC reimbursement fact sheets (Association of State and Territorial Health Officials)
- LARC stocking and supply - guide from National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association.
- Intrauterine Devices and Implants: A Guide to Reimbursement (UCSF Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health).