This guide provides registered users of the Dr. Justina system with useful resources to support their COVID-19 case investigation and contact tracing work. It is also meant to provide visibility and transparency to Colorado’s wider population about the Dr. Justina system.
If you haven’t yet, please register for the Dr. Justina training course at the Colorado School of Public Health website. Once registered, you can use the links on this webpage for the training.
- If you have already enrolled in the Colorado Public Health Workforce Collaborative Training, use your login credentials through Canvas to return to the course and navigate to the new Dr. Justina training modules. If your email does not work, you will need to use your username instead. If you have forgotten your password, click the “Forgot Password?” link on the login page and reset your password. This must be done through Canvas. CDPHE and RM-PHTC cannot reset passwords.
- If you have not yet enrolled in the Colorado Public Health Workforce Collaborative Training, please register for the course.
- Please see the step by step guide for further assistance.
All approved users of the Dr. Justina system will participate in a self-guided day-long training of the Dr. Justina system before use. This training will include an online, video-based course hosted by Rocky Mountain Public Health Training Center, and will include quizzes about the system.
- Introduction to the Dr. Justina System [04:15]
- Logging into the Dr. Justina System [11:24]
- Dr. Justina System Overview [09:39]
- Case Investigation Form (CI) [23:37]
- Practice Scenario [38:03]
- Case Investigation Modules (CI) [08:45]
- Registering Contacts (CI/CT) [14:28]
- Contact Monitoring Form (CI/CT) [20:22]
- Practice Scenario [32:33]
- Contact Tracing Modules (CT) [08:58]
- Probable Cases Work Flow (CI/CT) [07:31]
- Practice Scenario [16:27]
- SMS Messaging (CT) [04:11]
- Transferring Contact/Cases to Another LPHA (CI/CT) [10:47]
- Closing a Contact/Case (CI/CT) [09:26]
- My Favorites Module and Assigning Individual Cases/Contacts (CI/CT) [09:02]
- Bulk Checkout and Assignments (Supervisors Only) [11:00]
- Deduplication of Cases and Contacts (CI/ CT) [04:04]
All videos are available on the Dr. Justina YouTube channel, and can be reviewed to refresh your memory of certain workflows.
Resources for LPHA administrators
In addition to the above video tutorials for all Dr. Justina users, we have also developed materials below specifically for LPHA Administrators. The materials were developed in partnership with Abt Associates - a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation. Experts from Abt Associates will be available to provide LPHA Administrators with hands-on support in adopting Dr. Justina. Below are some resources for LPHA Administrators about accessing the backend of the Dr. Justina system.
- LPHA Administrator User Guide.
- Video: Backend System Overview for LPHA Admins.
- Video: Data Tutorial for LPHA Admins.
- Video: Report Tutorial for LPHA Admins.
- For assistance, contact DrJustinaLPHASupport@abtassoc.com or sign up for a 1:1 session.
To support users of the Dr. Justina system, we have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that users may have. This is a great reference for first-time users. CDPHE is committed to continually updating these documents with answered questions from users.
The State of Colorado is committed to continually updating and improving the Dr. Justina system to meet the ever-changing needs of containment measures, and to incorporate feedback from local public health agencies (LPHAs) directly. All changes to the Dr. Justina system will be catalogued by date in this document.
Dr. Justina Help Desk
Should you require further assistance with the system, please contact the Dr. Justina help desk at:
- CDPHE_drjustina@state.co.us. Please do not send Personal Health Information (PHI) through unecrypted email.
- Hours: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Saturday through Sunday.
- (720) 678-9230
About the Dr. Justina system
In honor of Dr. Justina Ford’s contributions to Colorado’s health, Colorado has named its COVID containment technology solution after her legacy. Please note that Dr. Justina is accessible only to registered COVID-19 users from Colorado’s Local Public Health Agencies and tribal organizations. Please note that this is not a publicly accessible system - only registered healthcare professionals will be given access.
About Dr. Justina Ford
Dr. Justina Ford overcame prejudice and discrimination to become Denver’s first female African-American doctor and was a pioneer in opening up a profession for African-Americans and women. She treated anyone who needed medical care, regardless of race, gender, language, citizenship, or ability to pay.
We believe that Dr. Justina Ford is a pinnacle staple of public health in the state of Colorado. We named Colorado’s COVID-19 containment technology system after Dr. Justina Ford to highlight her contribution to state health - honoring Colorado’s commitment to health equity.