The Colorado Confidential Intermediary program is a court-appointed search service that allows a certified Confidential Intermediary (CI) access to closed/sealed adoption files. Upon court appointment, the CI will review the sealed records, search for eligible biological family members, and reunite adult biological family members. Pursuant to Colorado Revised Statute (CRS) §19-5-305, eligi
- An adult adoptee (18 years of age).
- An adoptive parent, custodial grandparent, or legal guardian of a minor adoptee.
- A biological parent or an adult biological sibling or half-sibling of an adult adoptee.
- An adult descendant of the adoptee or the adoptive parent, spouse of an adoptee, adult stepchild, or adopted adult sibling of an adoptee (with the notarized consent of the adult adoptee).
- A biological grandparent of an adoptee, with the notarized written consent of the biological parent. Written consent is not required if the biological parent is deceased.
- The legal representative of any individuals listed above.
Additional Confidential Intermediary Search Program details can be found at https://www.courts.state.