Bits and Bites Newsletter
CACFP in-person training
A new in-person training schedule will come out soon.
CACFP virtual training
- Module One: Recordkeeping Part One (held on 2/9/2023)
- Module Two: Recordkeeping Part Two (held on 2/23/2023)
- Module Three: Program Overview (held on 3/9/2023)
- Module Four: Meal Patterns (held on 3/23/2023)
- Module Five: Grains (held on 4/6/2023)
- Adult Day Care Training - Requirements (held on 4/27/2023)
CACFP online training
Self-paced, online CACFP training for child care centers through CO.Train.
Supplemental training videos
- Infant training recording.
- CACFP fiscal training recording.
- Grain ounce equivalent training recording.
- Sponsor of centers training recording.
- CACFP IEF training recording.
CACFP Meal Pattern Training
At the Table - CACFP Live Q&A
At the Table is an open forum discussion created to engage and collaborate with institutions that work in Colorado communities. These virtual discussions allow the CACFP team to learn more about barriers, opportunities, possible solutions, and consider customer input.
Submit future At the Table topic suggestions and/or CACFP programming questions by filling out this Google Form.
Previous At the Table Meetings:
- Jun. 2022 recording - CACFP waivers.
- Sept. 2022 recording - Recertification.
- Feb. 2023 recording - "What to expect" during a CACFP review.
Training resources and materials
- How to complete the monthly roster.
- How to complete the sign-in and sign-out records.
- How to complete and use Records of Meals Served (ROMS).
- How to complete and use the Income Eligibility Forms (IEFs).
- CACFP Meal Pattern Training Slides.
- Click this USDA link for more training resources.
- CDPHE Annual CACFP Training for Child Care Centers - Slides.
- CDPHE CACFP Nutrition Training - Meal Planner.
- Quick Bite Course Materials
- QB#2 How to properly Temp Food | Español. QB#3 Good Receiving Practices | Español. QB#4 Contaminants | Español. QB#7 Blank Whiteboard | Español.